Vet posts warning after operating on dog who ate gorilla glue

Gorilla Glue, it’s something that a lot of people probably have in their homes, so if you are a pet owner with Gorilla Glue in your house, you may want to double-check that it is securely away from your pets. A veterinarian from the Brandon Animal Hospital has posted pictures to social media, along with a warning to pet parents everywhere, to be careful of the potential dangers that come from your dog ingesting this stuff.

The veterinarian managed to help a Jack Russell Terrier avoid a slow and painful death by operating on the dog and removing the hardened substance from its stomach lining. The glue coated the dog’s stomach, and, as WLBT reports, had to be broken off in pieces.

Source: Wikimedia Commons
A Jack Russell Terrier was rushed to the veterinary hospital after eating Gorilla Glue.

Just a few drops of the stuff would have been enough to seal off the animal’s esophagus, yet the small dog somehow managed to ingest at least half an ounce.

“She had vomited a few times and the owners found the chewed up bottle,” the animal hospital wrote on Facebook. “Apparently it has a sweet smell/taste dogs like. Doc had to go in and it had basically made a mold of her stomach and doc had to break it up to get it out.”

Source: Wikimedia Commons
The dog had eaten enough to coat the interior of its stomach.

Thankfully, the problem was treated in time to save the little dog.

But it’s a warning to other pet parents to make sure the glue remains out of reach.

The animal hospital added, “Be careful where you store your gorilla glue or any glue. Just be sure it is put up after use.”

Source: Facebook/Brandon Animal Hospital
The vet has warned pet parents to keep Gorilla Glue, and all glue, out of the reach of animals.

Polyurethane glue, like Gorilla Glue, contains compounds that many dogs find appetizing. That is why it is so important to stay vigilant and keep all potentially toxic substances well out of reach from your dogs. And if you ever suspect that they may have ingested something they shouldn’t have, get them to the vet immediately.

Watch the important video below and share with fellow dog owners:

0

Comment on the Story Below

Related Posts

October 30, 2019

Shelter Animals Displaced By California’s Wildfires Are In Desperate Need Of Safe Homes

The state of California is currently on fire in several locations. As a result, residents...
June 18, 2015

10 Razones Para Llevar Tu Perro Al Veterinario Inmediatamente

¿Cómo puedes distinguir cuando un problema de salud de tu perro pone su vida en...
January 13, 2020

Teens Drove Around Kangaroo Island To Rescue As Many Koalas As They Can From Australia Bushfires

Sometimes it takes a big event of destruction to turn the ordinary person into a...
Comments – Rules , Boundaries & Limitations

At Cesar’s Way , we strive to be a single pack, and packs have rules, and limitations. Here are ours for the comments:

  •  No bullying or harassment of fellow commenters. Keep it civil!
  • No foul language or obscenities, please.
  • No posting of external links

Also, please note that because of volume , we are unable to respond to individual comments, although we do watch them in order to learn what issues and questions are most common so that we can produce content that fulfills your needs. You are welcome to share your own dog tips and behavior solutions among yourselves, however Thank you for reading our articles and sharing your thoughts with the pack!

Trending Today

Trending This Week

Join Cesars List!

Subscribe to receive exclusive content and notifications