5 Halloween dangers for your dog
There are some scary Halloween dangers for your dog that you need to watch out for.
1) Halloween candy can be toxic to your dog
Don’t let your dog eat Halloween candy. Chocolate is toxic to dogs and tin foil and cellophane wrappers can be hazardous if swallowed. Seal your child’s stash and keep out of reach.
2) Be careful with candles near your dog!Sometimes a stray tail can knock over a candle-lit pumpkin leading to a fire. Consider using a no flame, no mess alternative to light up your jack-o-lantern.
3) Wires and cords could harm your dogMake sure to safely secure all wires and cords from decorative lights and props. Chewing on cords could cause cuts, burns or possibly life-threatening electrical shock.
4) Door bells can be scary for your dogAll but the most social dogs should be kept away from the front door during peak trick-or-treat hours. All those strangers repeatedly ringing the bell can be very scary and stressful.
5) Keep your dog’s ID on!
Sometimes accidents happen and while you are frequently opening the door for trick-or-treaters your pup may make a run for it. The proper identification can be a lifesaver.
How do you celebrate Halloween with your dog?