Grab your apron and wooden spoon — it’s time to bake yummy and organic Puppy Love Pupcakes. This is a spaghetti and meatballs cupcake dish with a romantic twist for your pooch’s Valentine’s Day celebration. Chef Laly’s inspiration for Puppy Love Pupcakes came from the movie “Lady and the Tramp.” Her Doggie Bag Café’s clients in Miami give this recipe two paws up. So, preheat that oven and let’s get started!
(All natural ingredients)
- 1 lb. ground beef (100% grass fed)*
- 1 bag of thin rice spaghetti
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup of organic rice flour*
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to top off pup-cake
- 1/4 cup of fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons of honey
Directions for Muttballs and Spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Spray non-stick skillet with organic cooking spray.*
- Place carrot in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add carrots to the parsley, 1 egg, oregano and beef. Mix with hands.
- Roll beef into mini muttballs and then boil them for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Bake 1 medium sweet potato, let cool and peel. Place in the food processor or mash by hand.
- In another pot, boil water and cook your pasta according to instructions, then drain.
Directions for Pupcakes
- For the pupcake mix 1 cup of rice flour with 1/2 cup of water and 1 egg.
- Chop up a meatball and place half in the muffin pan with the pupcake mixture, half full.
- Bake at 350° F / 180° C for 20 to 25 minutes.
Directions for Frosting
- To make the spaghetti “frosting,” take a few strands of spaghetti, twist them together and swirl to form a frosting like shape with a fork.
- Top your muttball pupcakes with the spaghetti frosting and add half a meatball
- For the sauce, mix the mashed sweet potato with fresh cranberries and honey.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Not into organic cooking? No problem! Just use what you have in the pantry.
Cesar Millan wants to see your puppy love pup-cakes. Share your pics with him on Instagram @cesarsway.
About the Chef
Chef Laly has over three decades of experience. The last ten years, she has dedicated to feeding dogs the most delicious and nutritious dishes at her Doggie Bag Café, South Florida’s premier pet party catering service. Chef Laly combines her passion for dogs with her background as an educator to offer proper canine nutrition programs for children and the elderly living with animals, and Cooking for Canines 101 classes for everybody else. Check out Chef Laly’s other tasty creations at www.doggiebagcafe.com.